Followers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Article Writing - Key Phrase Optimization

Ok, I have to review a lot of articles that are submitted to my article directories and those that writers send me as samples of their work. Those applying for a job as a writer want to impress me with their ability to optimize the sample article I give them for the key phrase I assign.

In doing so they send me a sample where every sentence begins with the key phrase. Or one sentence ends with the key phrase and the next sentence begins with the same key phrase.

There are a lot of webmasters buying this type of content on the web. They think that the number of times the key phrase is in the article is way more important than the actual content and the article’s readability.

Because these webmasters BELIEVE they know about SEO and article marketing, they request this keyword density as if it is the most important thing.

Then writers that are new to the web and who want to please their customers do as they have been asked to do. After all the customer is paying for it. So give them what they want right?

Wrong. I may be a total pain in the butt, but my clients know that when they request something and I don’t agree with it because I know it won’t help them, I speak up and let them know how they could benefit more by doing it a different way.

Being a yes-man is not what these clients need. They need someone who spends time to learn what does or does not work and who will advise them on the best approach to SEO or article marketing.

Write the article for the reader first and SEO second. you will find that you will naturally include that key phrase where it is appropriate to do so. Read it over after you finish and see if there is a spot or two where you could have added the key phrase without the article being spammy to the reader.
It can be done. Our writers do it all the time for our clients. You can too.


No comments:

Post a Comment